Repair and Refurbishment
Even though NEO Tech focuses on returns avoidance, we have managed to keep our repair depot active by offering the service for our customers as well as for depot-specific customers. NEO Tech provides these customers with a wide range of aftermarket warranty and non-warranty services including repair, replacement, and refurbishment. Our information systems integrate seamlessly with customer systems to ensure real-time repair status visibility as well as help manage availability of spares and subassemblies. Repair depot turnaround time can be customized to address your end customer retention requirements. Our e-waste recycling program ensures products are disposed of in accordance with applicable disposal laws. Finally, integration with NEO Tech’s production facilities allows our repair operations to leverage engineering expertise, internal systems and industry-specific quality certifications, yet provide highly customized repair depot support.
Customized Repair Depot
- Warranty and non-warranty repair services
- Component-level and process-level failure analysis to uncover operational efficiencies
- Service upgrades to latest revision
- RoHS-compliant or leaded production support
- Class 100K machine shop for delid and repair of sensitive microelectronics
- Serialization and custom tracking support integrated with packaging at final test
- Remanufacturing and refurbishment services
- Seamless integration with customer data management systems and supplier electronic data exchanges
- In-house bin system for customer managed inventory
- Supplier managed inventory
- In-house customs brokerage service to support our global customer base
- Emergency cross-shipments
Industry Specific Expertise
Reverse Logistics Support
- Product returns and repairs management
- Product history and customer traceability recordkeeping
- Spares stocking and inventory management
- Recycling and e-waste management
- Distribution center restocking
Medical devices, once accepted, have long products lives. Medical device users want and expect the medical device manufacturer to provide repair and refurbishment (refurb) services that in a cost effect way maximize the device’s useful life.
Repair and refurbishment of long lived products requires different processes, systems and equipment than the original manufacturing processes. The responsibility to support customer needs typically fall to the OEM field service organizations and few medical device manufacturers are so equipped to manage repair and refurbishment effectively.
NEO Tech Repair and Refurbishment Solutions
NEO Tech offers services to repair, refurbish/reclaim and refresh a broad range of medical devices. The service provides the customer with cost savings as well as significant time savings and accuracy benefits. It also addresses the customer’s need for product continuity. NEO Tech builds PCBAs, sub-assemblies and finished medical devices (FMDs) for medical device OEMs. Many of these devices are integrated into hospital systems such as medication management and operating systems, increasing the difficulty of upgrading to a newer version of the device. The useful life of devices supporting these hospital systems can be extended with repair and refurbishment services.
The Case Study details how NEO Tech delivers these results.