The over the past two weeks the Ohio facility received a supporting hand from Victor Yamauchi. Victor is NATEL’s Vice President of Continuous Improvement, a position which has focused intensely on lean implementation and training.
The Ohio facility staff was trained in lean principles. A total of 14 groups including management and business groups, more than 90+ employees total, learned hands-on and in the class room.
SMT Changeover Team
- Reducing # of racks, clearing out unnecessary items
- Performance board setup for monitoring jobs and changeovers
- Identified sequence for offline and online setups
- 7 waste reduction throughout the SMT area
- Many more items identified through problem solving/trial and error
- Organizing their shelves and folders
- Implementing visual management to locate test fixtures